I’m glad and ready to welcome you home because, technically, you’re my left-handmate and a fellow citizen from another county of the same country but living and leading in another nation in a different continent across the ocean. “Welcome Home.” While you were away, many good and bad things have happened to us here that some were briefed to you at the White House and I have to thank you because you have always expressed concerns by sending us solace messages as well as wishes of the very best for us.
U.S assistance to Kenya is substantial. It has promoted broad-based economic development as the basis for continued progress in political, social, and related areas of national life. The U.S. assistance strategy is built around five broad objectives: Fighting disease and improving healthcare; fighting poverty and promoting private sector-led prosperity; advancing shared democratic values, human rights, and good governance; cooperating to fight insecurity and terrorism; and collaborating to foster peace and stability in East Africa. The Peace Corps , which has 150 volunteers in Kenya, is integral to the overall U.S. assistance strategy in Kenya. – Wikipedia
We have, led by your brother from another father President Uhuru Kenyatta, done our best to build our beloved country Kenya but he goes wrong at times, like when he made the cost of living expensive and taxing even the taxless – the exemptions. Although almost all the “big wigs” are extremely corrupt, our fight against corruption and impunity remains unabated and here you’ve announced your coming which will influence and empower anti-corruption systems and give more strength towards achieving the desired state of the nation, which I hope that our homeland leadership can emulate something from your exemplary system of leadership.
Mr Obama, my Uncle the Deputy President William Samoei Arap Ruto is keen on youth prosperity but he also lied to us that he’s an hustler, and if he is, what would I be? However, both leaders have been instrumental in the unity of the Kenya.
If we think that we can secure our country by just talking tough without acting tough and smart, then we will misunderstand this moment and miss its opportunities. If we think that we can use the same partisan playbook where we just challenge our opponent’s patriotism to win an election, then the American people will lose. The times are too serious for this kind of politics.
~ BARACK OBAMA, speech, Aug. 19, 2008
So, when you come…
1. Share at least one of the treasures you loved in USA that can impact well with me here in the remote, grassroot village of Mogoiywet in Nandi Hills town up from U.S. through the National Government. There are numerous things envied in your nation including military, economy and excellent governance that we cannot compare with ours, but your visit will turn over a new leaf because a brother or a father rarely comes home empty-handed.
2. Help us in finding justice to historical crimes committed against the founding fathers of the nation as well as those evicted from their lands and rendered homeless. Ignite a strong judicial system because the current has been controlled by self-centered individuals living above the law and diverting law and order using the same money they’ve conned the unsuspecting citizens. Talking about justice, we the Kalenjin are now the only community in Kenya having two men accused in the ICC and their case clearance is still uncertain and as a community we’d not like any strings attached with the Hague.
3. War on terror – has become a cliché all the way from the national government to mainstream media and is now a phrase without meaning. I like how America deploy counter-terrorism, so be sure we’ll all be appreciating your support in fighting the Al-Qaeda affiliates – the Alshabaab.
Terrorism is a global challenge.” – President Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta.
4. Meet about 10,000 U.S. citizens who are registered with the American Embassy as our fellow residents and they will be waiting to see you as well U.S tourists who are in the country. They have been intergral to our economic development with investments of over $290 million, primarily in commerce, light manufacturing, and the tourism industry, and giving back to the society.
5. Intervene to the Kenyan families that have appealed our government many times to petition U.S to compensate the bereaved and injured victims during the US embassy bombing, because they believe they were a ‘collateral damage’.
6. Don’t forget Sasha for me. 😉
I read on a website that you’re coming to… accelerate economic growth, strengthen democratic institutions, improve security, and support young leadership development.
As the President of United States, you indeed know the procedures and actions that need to be implemented to achieve above goals. My suggestion to young leadership development is that you take with you two youths (1 male and 1 female) from each of the 47 counties in Kenya to USA for education scholarship for an in depth training in Leadership and Development.
If Uhuru Kenyatta ‘tweeted’ Otonglo the comedian, Mr Obama please ‘Retweet me’ or Donate today.
I have seen, the desperation and disorder of the powerless: how it twists the lives of children on the streets of Jakarta or Nairobi in much the same way as it does the lives of children on Chicago’s South Side, how narrow the path is for them between humiliation and untrammeled fury, how easily they slip into violence and despair. I know that the response of the powerful to this disorder — alternating as it does between a dull complacency and, when the disorder spills out of its proscribed confines, a steady, unthinking application of force, of longer prison sentences and more sophisticated military hardware — is inadequate to the task. I know that the hardening of lines, the embrace of fundamentalism and tribe, dooms us all.
~ BARACK OBAMA, preface to 2004 Edition, Dreams of My Father
Yes We Can!
The trending Obama Joke in Kenya
Barack Obama, the President of the United States of America has confirmed to visit KENYA for only 8 hours.The US Navy Seals will be in charge of all waterbodies in East Africa. The USA Secret Service, CIA and FBI will take over the role of Kenya Defense Forces and all armed forces in Kenya. Jomo Kenyatta International Airport will be closed to only accommodate one plane – the Air Force One. No Kenyan Airport Staff will be around, inside or near Airport. The USA Aviation authority and Pentagon will take charge of the East Africa Airspace and will directly be controlled from Washington DC using USA radars based in North Africa and in Indian Ocean.
The USA Abraham Lincoln Naval War Ship and Naval Carrier will dock at the Mombasa and it is expected to be a launch pad for the USA B52 Bombers. The US War Ship manufactured for instant electricity supply will be stationed in Indian Ocean to supply electricity to the US installments and CIA operations command centers in Kenya in case of black out. There will be no work in the Republic of Kenya for three days. All major roads in Kenya will be manned and controlled by SWAT, (Special Weapons and Tactics) Special Forces, Navy SEALs and Antiterrorism experts.
President Obama motorcade will consist of over 100 hi_tech armored vehicles which can repulse and control a grenade, RPG or a B10 bomb device. For 8 hours, all mobile phones in Somalia will be off and its telecommunication reception network hacked. The Presidential guard of Kenya will not be allowed near H.E Uhuru Kenyatta apart from only his ADC and a secretary. The NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) will take charge of radars and flight control in all Africa countries… until Obama leaves.
••• Click here to Follow on Twitter.
••• Click here to LIKE Arise Nandi on facebook.